Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Learn and Serve Fourth


Today at my learn and serve i learned from Mrs. Johnson that one on the girls in the class has leukemia. I learned that due to chemotherapy she has a learning disablitiy. As i work this this student during the class she told me that she had to go see the doctor to make her bad blood go away. I was so sad when she said this to me but i thought about how strong she is. She comes to school every day and deals with her disease. Also at learn and serve the class read the book "Dear Mr. Blueberry". The students were asked to write Mr. Blueberry about whales and any questions that they had. The students had many different question from where do whales live to how long to whales live. Next time i go to learn and serve Mrs. Johnson is having me read a book to the students and come up with questions to ask the students.

1 comment:

  1. Wow- that is difficult news to hear!! It must be so scary for that little girl. I wonder if the other students in class understand her sickness and if they wonder if it might happen to them. I'm glad the student is showing strength and determination. One of my friends was diagnosed with Cancer when she was 14 years old. She was able to beat Cancer. Knowing someone with Cancer is a life changing experience.

    If I were you I would tell a little more about Mr. Blueberry.

    ReplyDelete